ADVANCED SUMMER CAMPS
SLEEP AWAY SABRE CAMP
Dates: August 1 - 8, 2021
Kick start your preparation for the 2021-2022 competitive season with this intense advanced/intermediate camp, geared towards competitive sabre fencers ages 10 and up. The camp will be focused on tactical preparation, specific conditioning, footwork, drills, and competitive bouting
The camp will be held at a highly rated private boarding school near Santa Barbara, CA (www.Cate.org), with excellent training facilities, swimming pools, athletic fields, etc.
- accomodations in single rooms (double rooms are also available)
- all meals
- 7 days of intense training (sample training schedule available upon request)
- camp t-shirt
Coach Nick Kovalev, World Champion and Olympic medalist, will be running the camp, alongside other coaches from sabre clubs across the country.
Cost (early registration):
- $1,700 for LFC members, if registered before May 15. After May 15 - $1,800
- $1,800 for non-members
* Siblings get a 20% discount
* We accept all major credit cards, checks or cash
- before May 1: $100 administration fee
- May 1 - June 1: $200 administration fee
- after June 1: no refund
Space is limited. Register early!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
* please check back often, as we are updating this information as we receive more questions.
- Q: Are all rooms single rooms?
- A: Yes, all rooms are singles. If you prefer to bunk with a sibling/friend, bunk beds are available. There is no price difference between single and double occupancy.
- Q: Do the rooms have bathrooms?
- A: No, there are two large bathroom/shower areas, one for girls, and one for boys.
- Q: What is the ratio of boarding staff to boarding students?
- A: 8:1 for boarding students age 14 and younger, and 10:1 for boarding students over the age of 14.
- Q: What are the check in and check out times?
- A: Check in is on August 1 at 8:00 am (or later). Check out is August 8 at 12:30 pm (or earlier).
- Q: What is the estimated number of fencers participating?
- A: We expect between 40 and 60 fencers. The dorm has 40 rooms, but some fencers will want to bunk with others.
- Q: Do campers need to provide their own bedding?
- A: Yes, campers need to provide their own bed linens (Twin XL), pillows, blankets, towels. Linens can be rented from Cate school at $50 per set per session.
- Q: Is transportation to and from the camp side available?
- A: Yes, transportation to and from the camp (from the club or from LAX) will be available for an additional cost.
- Q: Can you prorate the cost?
- A: We encourage everyone to attend the camp in full. We will not be able to prorate for late arrival or early departure.
- Q: Will private lessons be available?
- A: Yes, a limited number of private lessons will be available outside normal practice times. Please contact us for details.